Born in Huber Heights, Ohio, Kofi grew up playing club soccer in the Ohio area. Upon being accepted to U.S. Soccer’s Residency program, located in Bradenton, FL at IMG Academy, he attended the latter half of high school training for the U-17 World Cup. He later returned to Ohio to attend college at the University of Akron.
- Member of the U.S. U-17, U-18, U-20, U-23 men's national teams
- 2011 1st round MLS draft pick (7th overall) by the Houston Dynamo
- 2010 NCAA Men's Soccer National Champion at University of Akron
- 2007 FIFA U-17 World Cup Participant in South Korea
- 2014 Inaugural ESPN Newton Award Winner
- 2013 Houston Dynamo Defender of the Year and Ironman of the Year
- 2010 College Cup Most Outstanding Defensive Player, ESPN Academic All-America of the Year, Soccer America Player of the Year, Hermann Trophy Semi-Finalist, College Cup All-Tournament Team, 3rd straight First Team All-MAC
- 2009 First Team All-MAC & All-MAC Academic team
- 2008 Soccer America All-Freshman First team & First Team All-MAC
- Two-time Academic All-American carrying a 3.96 GPA
School: University of Akron
Graduated Summa Cum Laude
Kofi resides in San Jose, California playing for the San Jose Earthquakes.